Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sick Day or Playing Hookie?

Yesterday Shane was called at work by Davis' school and told that Davis was running a temp and vomitting so he needed to be picked up right away. Davis seemed fine last night but his temp wasn't going down. His temp hasn't been terribly high, somewhere between 99 and 102. Because of his temp he was not allowed back at school today so Davis and I had to take a sick day. Off and on through out the day Davis showed signs of sickness but all in all I feel it was an elaborate scheme to get more schnuggles in with Mommy. I'm okay with that!


The only trouble is I am working on a huge project for work and was supposed to be in Canada for the day in meetings that I was conducting. In the end they all had to be canceled and will now be skype meetings over the next 2 days. Thankfully my co-workers are like family and were understanding of my need for a day off.

Davis is so funny, he was by my side the entire day, I could not have gotten in any work if I tried. We just lied in Mommy and Daddy's bed all day, playing on the ipad, telling stories about "Henry the imaginary big orange dog" followed by a nice long nap. At first I was completely worried about work and what this sick day means to my work load but after my day full of one on one time with my baby boy I realize that nothing else matters. He is the greatest kid in the world and love him to bits. I am so happy I am his Mommy and I hope he feels the same way!


No comments: