Thursday, April 24, 2008

Davis at 11 weeks!




Davis is the sweetest kid. So far has been the best baby. He is a lot of hard work. Shane was saying last night how it was crazy that one little being can be 2 peoples full-time job. He sure is worth all of the hard work.

I went back to Lush part-time last week to help fill in some hours. It has been nice to get out of the house and allow Shane bonding time with Davis. Davis loves his Daddy (who doesn't love Shane once they meet him?). Usually we are both home to help out with Davis when Shane is home. During the day it's just the kid and me and sometimes he can be a little wearing. The other night I got home from a few hours at work and Shane said to me, "I need a little break, he has been crying non-stop for the past 45 mins." Usually when Shane gets home from work and I need a little break because of a difficult day, Davis turns into the happiest baby for him. I thought Shane just didn't believe me that our kid at times can be challenging. Missy was saying the best thing that ever happened to her marriage was having Brad home the first year with Sam. Brad completely understands all of the challenges. Shane is catching on. A few weeks back, Shanes Friend Ahanan and his wife and 2 kids came over for a visit. They are from India and they live a very different lifestyle than us. I was at the grocery store when they got to the house. When I came home Shane was holding and feeding Davis a bottle of breast milk. Ahanans wife could not belive that Shane was attending to such a duty, a mothers job. She thought is was great.Later the boys were upstairs with the little kids playing. His kids are 6 and 4. Ahanans wife was telling me that when her daughter was born (her second child) her mother came over from India for 6 months to help with the baby. Here is what I feel is the sad part, She then told me that her mother then took the baby back to India for 6 months so the other older child can adjust. Can you imagine not being able to hold your little baby for 6 months? Shanes other friend Venkat was going to do the same thing with his second child. I really cannot imagine. Anyway, that is all I have time for to post today!

4 comments:

Mindurs said...

Davis is so stinking cute!!!!! Keep posting the pictures, I love seeing how fast the little guy is changing.

Glama said...

Love seeing the pictures. I really miss not being able to snuggle with this little guy. I think it is totally unfair to have so many of my grandchildren so far away. Keep sending the pictures. It helps in not having them right here in town. Do you ever wonder how you lived without such a cute little guy?

Bam Pah said...

Some customs, from foreign cultures, are hard to understand. Six months with Davis. I think we could handle that. Because we know Cindy and Shane would be here the whole time. Good Times!

Missletoe said...

I am in LOVE! Other people's kids do nothing for me, but when I see a nephew (or my niece Izzy) I just swoon. If you ever need a 6 month break, or any length of time at all, give me a call!!!! I can't wait to hold this little fella.